- This is a proposed Appropedia guideline. You can , or discuss it on the talk page or at the Appropedia policy discussion page.
- For now, this should be considered an essay by one or more Appropedians, and not as a policy or guideline.
Simple English is a way to make content accessible to a wider range of readers, when it is not possible to cater to every language.
Appropedia and Simple English[edit source]
When creating content on Appropedia, remember that most of the intended readers are not native English speakers. Therefore, choose clear and easily understood language where possible. It may not always be possible to write in true "Simple English" by the common definitions, but descriptions should not be more complex than necessary.
Possible steps on Appropedia[edit source]
- Topic pages should have redirects from phrases that a non-native English speaker is likely to use.
- Simplified versions of important pages can be made, using Simple English.
- A template can be used to mark and categorize Simple English pages.
See also[edit source]