Contact info and pages
- imagina dot canarias at gmail dot com
- Twitter: lucasgonzalez + imacan + canaripedia
 Appropedia pages I'm interested in
 The Future We Deserve
- No island is an island Relative physical isolation gives some clues to standing on our feet while being part of the world. Core idea for Canaripedia (see below).
- My ideal panflu Pandemics happen and some are bad, so what do we do. Work in progress, cos we're not there yet.
- The onion and the satellite Health-care systems.
How-tos may help someone out there:
- Camp Danger Hexayurt Hinge Technique: high quality videos for a smart refinement. Probably useful for many other light-panel hexayurt designs.
- Plywood: there's plywood everywhere. Harder to build than light-panel hexayurts, but maybe the panels are more widely available. A how-to is a must for this kind of hexayurt, so please help make a better documentation.
- H 13: The standard "classic" hexayurt uses 12 panels. One extra panel and you get 66% extra standing room. Can use "foldable" ideas if built with light panels. Hasn't been done with plywood so far, but it's only "half a roof" that needs to be designed, so it's probably doable.
- Canaripedia is based on No Island is an Island, written for The Future We Deserve
- It's an attempt to collect questions and answers regarding basic resources (water, food, energy ... both needs and production) so that there may be data-based visions and projects.
- If it works well it can be replicated for other territories.
- Asking for help.
- Global_Food_Swadeshi_Project Factors for food swadeshi. Then alternatives.
- Note to self: Eventually, I should read []
I'm extremely interested in facilitating massive translations of interesting material: text and video (subtitle and dubbing). Exciting recent work being done.
- Used http://piratepad.net/mCRNBbSGfl to cooperatively transcribe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo by http://twitter.com/HansRosling and place the subtitles into http://universalsubtitles.org/videos/BxDoaAHJnwTI/info/ where I did the Spanish translation and someone is doing the French. This was fast! LucasG 09:29, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- Vinay Gupta's work:
- The future of poverty by Vinay Gupta, which I translated into Spanish
- http://hexayurt.com/hexayurt_country/ Haiti VG http://www.appropedia.org/Pais_Hexayurt
- Open Farm Tech:
- walk for water video: http://imagina-canarias.blogspot.com/2009/04/caminando-por-agua.html
- walk for water manuals:
- Translations page?
- Infrapak page