Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
RE3.org is a North Carolina campaign to raise awareness about waste reduction and recycling. The RE3.org campaign kicked off in 2005 for high schoolers, college students and twenty-somethings. The campaign uses social marketing techniques such as commitment, norms, incentives and prompts.
2004-2006 - With funding from the Environmental Protection Agency and other sponsors, the N.C. Division of Pollution Prevention and Environmental Assistance conducted research and worked with collegiate recycling coordinators throughout the state to identify barriers the twenty-something demographic faced regarding recycling.
This data was used to create the campaign and its components. Previous media and advertising buys for the campaign included:
- RE3.org commercials on Time Warner Cable,
- RE3.org panels on Mountain Dew soda cans,
- RE3.org cinema ads,
- “Recycle It Now” billboards and radio commercials,
- RE3.org truck ads, and
- Interactive booths throughout the state at various festivals.
2006-2007 - RE3.org will combine advertising methods from previous years such as cable advertising, soda can panels and interactive booths with some new media approaches, including:
- Streaming of recycling messages on radio stations throughout the state,
- Ad placement through athletic programs,
- Strategic use of newspaper advertising in selected communities, and
- Word of mouth marketing over the Internet.
Partners - Sixteen organizations have pledged more than $44,000 to sponsor the campaign in 2006-2007.
Evaluation - Seven other state agencies have adopted the RE3.org program since August 2005. Thirty N.C. local governments reported using the RE3.org program last fiscal year. From May 2005 to May 2006 the number of visits per month to the RE3.org Web site has increased by 120 percent. Further evaluation of the campaign will be conducted.
Check out the RE3.org Web site.
Check out the very funny RE3.org commercials at:
Check out the RE3.org blog.
New in 2007