Humboldt CA supplies
Please keep this updated with your supply leads and advice. Know a great store, website, free bin or other, let us know. Feel free to add to the lists even if you are missing some of the information. If you have additional information about one of these stores please add it as well.
 Free Stuff
- Free Wood
- Go out West End Rd. and drive around the Aldergrove industrial park. Look for free wood signs. There are two consistent sites, one is next to the Renner station at West End and Aldergrove, the other is off Aldergrove on Frank Martin Ct.
- Reusable Office Supplies Exchange (ROSE)
- Free office supplies available to Humboldt State University students, staff and faculty.
Arcata Library Bikes
- The Koop
- 829 10th St. Arcata (707) 822-5410
- Great used electronics, motors, magnets, wires, power supplies, etc.
- Arcata Scrap
- 192 South G St. Arcata (707) 822-4881
- Excellent metal yard
- 1063 H St. Arcata (707) 822-6972
- New environmental stuff, fibers, paints, books, etc.
- Arcata Recycling Center
- 1380 9th St. Arcata (707) 822-4542
- Used nuts, bolts, wires
- John's Auto Wreckers
- 3008 Jacobs Ave. Between Eureka and Arcata (707) 443-7065
- Used alternators, regulators check out website
- Eureka Sand & Gravel
- 4945 Boyd Road, Blue Lake (707) 822-1795
- Like the name says - sand and gravel
- Industrial Electric Service
- 1601 Samoa Blvd, Arcata (707) 822-2485
- Industrial, commercial, wiring supplies, lamps &fixtures, motors, motor control, AC/DC drives, etc.
- General sales, service, & repair
- OldGrowthTimbers.com - Used Lumber
- 4051 US Hwy 101 South (behind the Mill Yard), Arcata (707) 498-1732
- Reclaimed lumber and timbers, old growth redwood, western red cedar, douglas-fir
- Humboldt/Del Norte Material Exchange Board
- Awesome idea from the California Integrated Waste Management Board. Links up one companies waste with another person or companies needs. Items sometimes available for free or low-cost include: Burlap sacks, 4 1/2 gal buckets, 55 gal drums, chairs, cloth, food scraps...
- Humboldt Freecycle
- Fantastic listserve for posting wanted and offered stuff. If you subscribe be ready for your inbox to fill up: Set up automatic sorting rules to effortlessly manage this onslaught.
- Humboldt Craigslist
- The famous craigslist now serves Humboldt County. There are sections to offer or request services, goods, products, rides, housing, etc.
- Humboldt exchange community currency 
- Bimonthly print and online directory of goods and services offered and wanted in exchange for community currency or at no cost.
- Tri-City Weekly Materials Exchange
- Weekly classified advertisement newspaper offers free advertisements if materials are being offered at no cost. Link to current listings in materials exchange.
Supplies resources for secondhand merchandise, rental or repair services, and recycled goods.
Listing of local indepedent businesses in Humboldt County.