Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Customizable shovel handle
- 1 Customizable Shovel Handle
- 2 Abstract
- 3 Bill of Materials
- 4 Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- 5 Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- 6 Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- 7 Cost savings
- 8 Benefited Internet Communities
- 9 References
Customizable Shovel Handle
Project developed by [[[User:BradleyLarson|BradleyLarson]] (talk) 21:54, 5 December 2018 (PST)]
- There was a request to design a customizable shovel handle. A previous student designed one years ago and I was not impressed with the design or that I was not able to customize it on thingiverse. I remade it with a different design and made the shaft diameter and the length of the grip variable. Printing a shovel handle is an easy way to ensure you are getting what you need and my design will make sure it is also comfortable in your hands.
Bill of Materials
- OS compatible 3D printer
- 2- M6X140 bolts
- 2- M6x1.0 standard nuts
- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3263057%7C necessary files to download here
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- M6 screwdriver
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
None! Just print and install!
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Provide directions for print/assembly - be detailed enough in your “how to” to ensure that someone could construct the device from your description. Consider the elegance of IKEA like instructions.
- Aprox. 9 hours for my printer at 40mm/s
- 15-20 minutes to assemble
Common Problems and Solutions
Prints failing is the most common problem I have run across. Tighten any bolts, belts, and recalibrate if necessary.
- If your solution is not a low cost one then it is not really appropriate.
- My print surface did not allow for me to print it on its side. so with my supports, it cost $3.12
- $8.08 is the cheapest on amazon before shipping
- You save at minimum, $5.00
Benefited Internet Communities
Designed by me with hand calculations. I did not use a standard or any regulations