Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
3D printers education
| By Michigan Tech's Open Sustainability Technology Lab.
Wanted: Students to make a distributed future with solar-powered open-source 3-D printing.
This page summarizes likes useful for integrating open-source 3D printing into education at any level.
Open-source 3D printing can be used to enhance education while focusing on methods to minimize costs by leveraging free and open source sharing by
- printing low-cost science lab tools - see 3D printable science equipment
- making low-cost 3D visual aids to illustrate challenging concepts,
- helping students clearly see the benefits of mastery of mathematics and computer programming, and
- the ability to enhance hands-on learning by using the 3D printer to prototype student ideas.
Building a RepRap Open-source 3D printer
Free Design Software
Free 3DP Education Tools
- Make your open source lab with 3D printable science equipment
- SeeMeEducate 3D Printing Curriculum
- 3D printing for schools
- Makerbot OpenSCAD tutorials
- Makerbot cc 3DP Ed at bootyscan
- Pathfinder Learning