Appropedia needs your support - Please Donate Today
Parras wind power gallery
Wind Powered Pump: Swimming Pool
- A windmill is used to power a water pump which fills a swimming pool. At this time the home is still under construction, and the pool is being utilized as a water source for construction needs.
- Very near Estanque de Zapata, it is the closest windmill to the entrance of the underground stream.
- In a climate such as Parras going for a dip in a pool is an effective way to cool off, adding to human health and happiness. Swimming is much more energy efficient than using an air conditioner, and by using the wind to pump the water no energy is consumed.
- There is a somewhat large initial investment, also some people have astetic issues with the windmills. If there is no wind there is no flowing water, which could cause a health concern if this was for an extended amount of time.
Wind Powered Pump: Irrigation
- A windmill is used to power a pump, which fills a tank. The water in the tank is used to irrigate an orchard, as an added benefit fish are grown in the tank.
- Near Estanque de Zapata, turn at the small store near the entrance to the underground stream.
- In Parras there is not much surface water, but there is a large supply underground. The wind powered pump provides means of acquiring this water so that agriculture can be supported. The system supplies a source of income, and food from the plants and fish.
- There is a somewhat large initial investment, also some people have aesthetic issues with the windmills. If there is no wind there is no flowing water and if the reservoir goes dry there is no water for irrigation, a backup pump may be needed.
To add a new AT implementation to this resource, Copy and paste the following into notepad. Make the appropriate edits (replace allcap text) and then paste above the Instructions line in the edit window.
===NAME OF TECHNOLOGY=== ;Description :WHAT KIND OF AT IS IT? HOW IS IT USED? FOR WHAT? ;Location :WHERE IS IT LOCATED? ;Justification as Appropriate :WHY DO YOU CONSIDER IT AT, BASED ON A DEFINITION OF AT? ;Issues with the Appropriateness :IN WHAT WAYS DOES IT NOT MEET A DEFINITION OF AT. ;Notes :E.G. LINK TO THE ORGANIZATION OR PROJECT, DELETE IF NOT APPLICABLE. [[Image:YOURIMAGENAME.jpg]]