My homepage tells you more about my history.
Track changes: Culture and development
Registered on Appropedia on 26 June 2006.
|I'm here to assist you, as an Appropedia admin, and a director of the Appropedia Foundation.|
|However, my edits to Appropedia are as a member of the community, and occasionally as an admin. |
Unless otherwise stated, they are not legal or official actions as a director of the Appropedia Foundation.
I'm an engineer with a passion for sharing knowledge to make a better world.
I'm based in Melbourne, Australia (as of 2012) and am working with others locally to help build up Appropedia, including documenting local solutions. Check A:Melbourne Appropedia Working Group if this interests you.
For those of you who don't know much about Australia:
 What I do here
- A:Service learning and related pages.
- Brochures, firstly for service learning (with the skills of people who understand these graphic design and such).
- Recruiting for our A:Internships and A:Volunteer positions.
- A:Funding (hoping to have a crowdfunding campaign started for September)
- Partnership with EWB-Australia, esp putting EWB Challenge finalist entries onto Appropedia.
- Communications - getting more interaction happening between us in the Appropedia community, through A:IRC meetings or Google Hangouts, and by moderating the discussion lists.
- Community interviews for the Appropedia blog. Planning to start in September 2012.
- Blog posts about announcements, our vision, and why all this matters.
DID - in the past, and can help as needed:
- Our spam filters & spam link blacklist.
- Pywikipediabot for performing "gnome" tasks (I run ChriswaterguyBot)
- Moving category pages to mainspace when needed (conserving history by using the export and import functions)
- Work on the meta pages about Appropedia.
- Promoting Appropedia (want to find interns and volunteers to work with on this, instead)
- Welcoming new people. (You're still welcome - I just don't patrol new users!)
WANT - but don't have time to do myself:
- Porting - esp finding help in converting appropriate PDF documents and web pages to MediaWiki markup. This can be a great intern job (esp if the intern has access to Adobe Reader Professional).
 Custom search engines
Sometimes I make custom search engines, like Public Domain Search, or this Linux search (for the occasions when I want to strictly search only Linux-related sites):
Contact me via my talk page, or try me on instant messenger:
- The big Goog: singkong
- Skype: same as my username here
 Microblogging: Identi.ca & Twitter
 My blogs
- Life, personal change, coaching: Habitua.net
- Politics, science, climate, philosophy, miscellaneous: Chriswaterguy.net
- My old blog: Pablo Garuda
- I also blog on the Appropedia Blog.
Yes I'm an addict. No, it's not a problem. I'm going to take a break, just as soon as I finish editing this...
Maybe I need a 12 step programW...
Feel free to look at or use anything from my subpages.