Kamen's Stirling motor
This Stirling engine, developed by Dean KamenW, uses any heat source to produce electricity. This is probably done by either a dynamo or alternator fixed to the drive shaft, converting the mechanical to electrical power. It is about the size of a washing machine and produces 1 kW. At first glance, it looks like a regular Alpha-type stirling engine.
 Use in microfinancing arrangements
Kamen’s goal is to produce machines that cost $1,000 to $2,000 each. Under the Grameen model, they would be owned by entrepreneurs (funded by microcredit from the Grameen BankW). Quadir sees this as a better model than a single large power plant, in that it creates many entrepreneurs.
 Water purification
 Other Kamen Stirling engines
A different ? Stirling used by Kamen is used for transport, ie for the DEKA ReVolt. See here
- What is the latest news on the technology and the use of it with the Grameen model?[Suggested project]
- (Google News for Kamen + Stirling - http://news.google.com/news?q=kamen+stirling )
- How clean is the exhaust gas?[Suggested project]
- How cost effective is it?[Suggested project]
- How efficiently does it use the fuel?[Suggested project]
- The Next Net: Dean Kamen's Newest Slingshot
- Schematic of the engine
- Kamen's Stirling engine used for the Slingshot water purifier
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.