- Mercedes Weekly
- I was born and raised in Humboldt County, California. I graduated from Eureka High School in 2016 with a 4.2 GPA and am now in my second year of college at Humboldt State University studying Environmental Resources Engineering.
Interests in Engineering
- After going on a field trip in my Intro to Engineering course and discovering what happens to the water in Arcata and where it goes, I have been interested in water quality and what we can do to improve the treatment process.
- I am interested in air quality and how we as engineers can use tools and our knowledge to make the air we breathe healthier.
Experience in Engineering
- I have taken the Intro to Engineering course at HSU and am currently enrolled in Statics and Intro to Design as well.
- My father graduated from HSU from the same engineering program, so I was exposed first hand to all of his assignments and projects throughout the years.
Examples of work I have completed while enrolled in the HSU Engineering program: