Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Melissa Fawcett-Routh
- I grew up in the Bay Area in California and have gone ti Merced Community college then West Valley Community College. Now, I'm a Humboldt State University student majoring in Wildlife Management and Conservation.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- Renewable energy technologies impress me and solar, in particular, is something I would like to set up for my own home.
- Sustainable living is very intriguing to me, and the amount of dedication in truly impressive.
- Finding new ways, not to preserve, but to reverse or repair the damages that we as humans have done to the environment.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- I volunteered as an assistant zoo keeper at the Merced Applegate Park Zoo from 2012-2014. There I worked 1-on-1 with many native animal species. There, I was able to educate the public about the native species around them and about how humans have impacted the lives of the individual animals living at the zoo, causing them to live there now.
- I have helped my parents set up a temporary rainwater collection system when they were renovating a house. The house had no access to water at the time so we set up a rainwater collection system to collect (unfiltered) water for the garden and washing clothes.
- I am currently taking ENGR 308 Technology & the Environment, at Humboldt State University.