Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Kelsey Summers
- Humboldt State University May 2017
- Environmental Studies- Appropriate Technology
- CCAT Co-Director- Physical Site 2016-2017
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- How society and technology co-construct each other and impact the environment in various ways.
- Innovating appropriate technology that works to solve localized problems.
- Building simple technologies with diverse communities to improve their quality of life.
- "It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." – Albert Einstein
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- Campus Center for Appropriate Technology- Humboldt State University Arcata, CA
- Physical Site Director
- May 2016- Current
- Grid Alternatives- non-profit solar installation
- North Coast Region volunteer- working toward Roof Team Leader position
- April 2016- Current
- The Maru Research Center- Biological Research Lake Malawi, Africa
- Scientific Diving Internship- Species count/identification, data entry, water quality research/data collection
- February 2013- May 2013
- H2O: Helping to Overcome- non-profit organization Uganda, Africa
- Developmental Partner- Well project/pipeline extension, education and outreach
- September 2012- January 2013
- Nevada Division of Environmental Protection- Bureau of Water Quality Planning
- Bioassessment Intern- water quality sampling, field data collection
- May to August 2012