Add your voice to our December Thunderclap for the new Rainwater Book
- My dream of doing something positive for the environment began back in my hometown, Los Angeles, California. Ironically, my early educational pursuits were geared toward studying business rather than the environment. After gaining nine years of experience working as Treasury Assistant at the World Headquarters Office for Dole Food Company, Inc. in Westlake Village, California, I decided it was time to move on to something that would lead to a more fulfilling future and career. Currently, I am a junior studying Environmental Resources Engineering at Humboldt State University and seeking internship opportunities and volunteer work related to the environment..
Interests in Engineering
- Our world can be a more beautiful place with better environmental engineering practices and I hope to contribute to that. My ultimate goal is to help transition the people of the world away from industrialized animal agriculture as it is destroying our limited resources and ecosystem.
- I am interested in working internationally to help and teach less fortunate communities utilize sustainable engineering practices.
- Our oceans are in great danger. I would like to work with others to engineer solutions to restore the damage that we have done to our waters.
Experience in Engineering
- Rube Goldberg Project - Creation of a can crusher with limited resources.
- Beginner level AutoCAD knowledge
- Data collection/analysis of energy sources.
- Design project of a table top Spirograph for children ages 3-8.
Examples of work that I've completed during my time in the HSU Environmental Resources Engineering Program:
- Eureka Population Growth Eureka Spreadsheet
- Gantt Chart Project Planning Software
- AutoCAD Project
- Inspirograph Design Final Report
- Inspirograph Project Poster
- HSU Webpage
Persuasive essay on the brutality against circus elephants: