Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Joel Arellano
- Joe is a senior, Majoring under the Native American Studies department at Humboldt State University. His focus is on Environment & Natural Resources, aiming to gather knowledge on appropriate regulatory and physical management practices for native ecosystems among State, Federal, and Tribal lands.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- Reintroducing Native Plants to North American Diets as a means to reduce pollution.
- Indigenous North American agricultural/plant managing practices as a means to reduce water consumption/waste.
- Solar technologies
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- (2011-2013;2017) Internship, Pechanga Cultural Resources Department; Native California plant identification & management project.
- (2010-present) chaperone/cultural advisor/youth instructor, Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians; Annual Traditional Summer Knowledge Program.
- (2010) vocational certification, The Fab School; Introductory welding/fabrication and design.