Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Born in Sonora Ca., located geographically near Yosemite. I love the outdoors and enjoy biking, hiking, sailing ( have a 25ft Mac Gregor ). I have been a resident of Humboldt county since 2002. I have two amazing daughters, assorted fish, and a Bearded Dragon lizard ( Not a very environmentally friendly pet with the heating lamps and pads etc..). I am majoring in Environmental Science with a focus in Water quality. I am concerned about the future of our environment and feel that waiting and reacting to future environmental calamities is the wrong direction. I feel it is our best interest to make sure we change our ways of thinking and operating now.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- How we can use technology to limit our impacts on the environment.
- Uses of technology to heal the environmental damage that we have created.
- Applying technology to enhance and protect our water resources.
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- Mostly I have read how through the use of technology we have fowled our commons.
- I use H2O on a regular basis and enjoy the fact that it doesn't make me ill.
- I have worked with Humboldt Bay keeper with Water testing in the local estuaries.
- Have studied Macro Invertebrate populations in local watersheds to determine health of the systems.
- Insulated my house to cut down on my heating bills.