Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- I am a senior at HSU studying writing practices in hopes of honing in on my writing skills as an artist and benefit the world in some way. I'm just one girl trying to save the world.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- I'm interested in studying the ways in which we can apply technological advancements in a way that can directly or indirectly benefit the environment.
- I'm interested in studying rainwater catchment systems for homes in the suburban area.
- I'm interested in studying microhydro power systems as a source of renewable energy, and I'd be interested in studying its relation to the Mississippi River in parts of Minnesota.
Efforts in Technology and/or the Environment this Semester
- I have conducted a home energy audit and found that one of the most energy-consuming devices in my home is a small personal fan. I used to use it all night, but I have switched to a more energy-efficient self-cooling system: an open, screened window.
- I have held trash clean-ups in my community with my friends, including one on the walk to my bus stop, on 6th street.
- After analyzing the energy use and CO2 emissions from the use of the light bulbs in my home, I have replaced at least 2/3 of the Incandescent bulbs with CFL bulbs