Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Cheryl Hartman
- I live in southern Humboldt. I have two sons, Jeff and Chris. Jeff is living in an RV in my backyard at this time and Chris just moved to Chicago. Chris graduated from HSU in 2008. I have a small house on a little over an acre with fruit and walnut trees and a garden. The yard work is taken care of by four black sheep which I haven't yet sheared this year. I use hand shears, not electric. I also have a dog, a cat, bees, and chickens. Highway 36 is in front of my house and the Van Duzen River and Cummings Creek is in back. Wildlife visits daily.
Interests in Technology and the Environment
- I am an Environmental Policy major at Humboldt State University
- I like computers and have maintained a small commercial website since 2000
- I am interested in cleaner energy sources, population issues, and smaller human footprints.
- I like aviation. Do you know that electric airplanes are being developed?
Experience in Technology and/or the Environment
- I regularly use a shovel and a chainsaw
- I have built fences and sheds. I can do all home maintenance, although I prefer to have help.
- I can ride a motorcycle, sail a boat, and fly a small airplane.
- I have food generation, preparation, and storage knowledge.