(Redirected from Humanure or reutilizing your own body wastes)
Humanure is a term coined by Joseph Jenkins to discuss the composting of human feces.
A summary of the method is as follows
- Use sawdust to bury manure. Sawdust provides carbon and this balances the nitrogen in the faeces. A good carbon-nitrogen balance is needed for composting. The Sawdust also keeps bad smells in and keeps flies away.
- Do not separate urine and feces, as the urine provides moisture the microorganisms need.
- As well as adding the buckets from the toilet to the compost heap, throw on chunky materials like straw. This traps air pockets in the compost heap.
- Optionally, skewer the compost heap with sticks or pipes to provide more aeration.
- Let it sit for a year before using on plants
|This page is a "stub" - it needs more content.
You are invited to.