Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Community Created Humboldt/Jan 23 10/People's Media
People’s Media Proceedings
- lots of arts/culture folks participated
- agreement we must balance between nature and technology
- owning and using media is part of the commons
- people are already using new media (access Humboldt, FB, blogs, twitter) in a participatory shared fashion
- seek $$ now for new media commons
- participate in existing media (KHSU, KMUD, Access Huboldt)
- encourage government/private partnerships
- manifest positivity meeting at Ink People 2/3 at 5 p.m.
- limited wireless in Humboldt is a problem; there is a map of local hot spots
- rural broad band access, the commons
- concern re cell towers
- personal connection to natural world is being lost; losing balance
- make access to info a right (a part of the commons)
- government provides infrastructure, carrier
- what does this community need that we can do right now?
- Stream Guys are at the forefront of this concept/technology
- people are the government
- intersection of art/media/economy
- anyone who wants to use media should explore advocacy journalism
- KHSU/KMUD/JPR, very popular, speaks to openness willingness to be involved