As floodplain managers, state resource agencies and local communities wrestle with the problems associated with flood-control dams; cities around the country are implementing innovative techniques for managing floods without new dams. While many of these alternatives are not quick fixes, they are real solutions that can be implemented with long-term planning. The following are some alternative approaches to dams for flood management:
- Reducing runoff
- In-river flood management
- Separating the people and the threat
 See also
- International Rivers Network
- American Rivers
- Integrated Flood Management
- Catastrophic flood database
- Dartmouth Flood Observatory
- Decision tree to choose an uncertainty method for hydrological and hydraulic modelling, Chosing an uncertainty analysis for flood modelling.
- Flood Risk Management Research Consortium
- DeltaWorks.Org Flood protecting dams and barriers project in the Netherlands
- Hydro Response
- Protecting against the Next Katrina - Scientific American Magazine (October 2005)
- Europe floods 2006
- International teaching module "Integrated Flood Risk Managment of Extreme Events" (FLOODmaster)
- Flood risk assessment
Several links above were copied from the Wikipedia:Flood article
Pages in category "Flood control"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.