Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Appropedia Action Groups
|See also the Appropedia Action Groups category.|
for subtopics, how-tos, project pages, designs, organization pages and more.
|Topic page needed!|
|There is no topic page for Appropedia Action Groups yet, so you have been redirected to this category. You can browse the articles below.
You can create a new page about Appropedia Action Groups! Click here, remove the "#redirect" line, and start with one or two facts about Appropedia Action Groups. Thanks!
Hint: If you add [[Category:Appropedia Action Groups]] at the bottom of the page, it will appear in this category.
- Note: this group has been active for some time. If you're interested, please leave a note on the talk page or on the appropriate section of this page.
Appropedia Action Groups is a coalition of autonomous international development groups here on Appropedia who aim to increase support, guidance and collaboration between one another. We invite existing organizations to join us or we will guide you through creating your own organization
This is a bit of "social alchemy" in which we aim create a new organizational model for volunteering which:
- presents a low barrier to entry.
- has massive diversity of opportunities to suit anyone's passion
- Increases networking between currently disconnected development organizations and individuals
- builds moral among volunteers by creating a well connected social environment
- has the capacity to scale without the impediments of traditional hierarchical development organizations
We will harness the collaborative ability of a wiki to provide opportunities for anyone who has the desire to do something more meaningful for the world. By eliminating the barrier to entry and providing the support and encouragement of a social network, we will bring people into the fold who would have otherwise remained observers. The catalytic effect of these people bringing their energy to bear on these problems will reach far beyond whatever project they work on directly. However, this depends on you. Unless we can create enough interest to get off the ground, the potential benefits of this tool will not be realized.
For more details on how we plan to get there, read The Plan
Talk to us
Hi, gaiatechnician here, I made a compound parabolic solar cooker and it works really really well. I am wondering if anyone is interested. It can cook for up to 3 hours before being repointed at the sun and it does not have to be pointed super accurately at the sun either. I use a 7 liter pot with it. Brian White This is a grass roots organization, so feel free to strike up a conversation with our ambassador for any reason what so ever. david.reber (talk · contribs)
Available Projects - dig a well, teach a class, build a medical clinic, clean up the beach, encourage corporate social responsibility, build green energy alternatives
Groups - Appropedia Groups working on projects
Volunteers - Individuals and members of AAGs working on projects
Support Materials - Support, best practices, advice, travel tips and other information useful for AAG groups and volunteers
- If you have experience doing international travel or development, you could start working on the Support Materials
- Add your organization to our list of AAGs or creating your own
- We are in need of more projects on our available projects page. If you know of any, please write them up for us, if you don't know of any, feel free to travel to a developing country to find some for us.
- Email the AAG request for projects which is a quick marketing-ish document that asks people if we can add their available project to the project database
- Call your mom and tell her about this (you can call someone else too if you want). As we said earlier, unless we can create a critical mass with this project, it will die.