|Service learning with Appropedia|
Volunteer positions are available for 2012. It is also possible to tailor a volunteer or intern position to your skills and/or current studies.
The emphasis in internships and volunteering with Appropedia is on unpaid internships.
Internships are open to all applicants - you don't have to be a student or recent graduate.
Volunteer positions are generally longer term; internships are for a defined period.
All positions are "internships" in a sense, because we aim for the experience to be a learning opportunity. See also Appropedia:Internships.
All positions are unpaid. Appropedia is a volunteer effort with no paid staff - it runs from our passion for our mission. (We would like to have money to pay stipends and wages - if you work with us on a communications internship, you could help us achieve that.)
|This page is under construction - please check back later.
Optional comment: 19 March 2012. Please help to clean up by ~23 March 2012
 We need your help! (Positions available)
Appropedia is run by dedicated volunteers. At such a critical time for the Earth and society, a reliable and comprehensive source of knowledge is essential. Will you help us as we make this happen?
- Porting Coordinator: Overseeing the import of knowledge from external sources (with permissions).
- Translation Coordinator:
- Fundraising Coordinator: Fundraising, and helping to coordinate others in fundraising.
- Communication Coordinator: Responsible for coordinating a monthly newsletter ande...
- Community Facilitator: Together with the Communication Coordinator, help the community to connect, through tools and through directly interacting. (See also Appropedia:Welcoming committee)
- Public Relations Coordinator: reaching out to media, other communities and organizations.
- Tech Admin: (see also Appropedia:Site development)
- Skin developer: develop a skin for the wiki (and perhaps a matching skin for our blog which runs on WordPress - or start the other way around).
 What is involved?
- Work from where you are - you will need an internet connection.
- Have support from our dedicated and passionate admins.
- Working within a friendly, supportive, appreciative community.
- Make new friends and contacts.
- Gain valuable experience.
- Be formally acknowledged for you work by the Appropedia Foundation.
- Help to change the world!
- Will I be paid?
- A: Unfortunately no - that's not possible at this stage. No one is paid to work on Appropedia, including the admins and the foundation's directors, as we don't have the funds. We would like to be able to pay stipends, and even have salaried positions, as soon as possible. Maybe you could apply for the volunteer position, and help us get there!
- I don't want to commit to a position, but I want to help.
- A No problem - your help is appreciated. Get in touch (see below), or just take initiative. This is a wiki project, and we believe in openness!