Get our free book on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
2 Liter Winnower
Project developed by User:Medley_Inc
Winnowing is a process to remove lighter particles of chaff, dirt, etc from grain and other products typically by throwing it into the air and blowing air on it.
Bill of Materials
- 1 x Winnower Adapter
- 2 x 2-Liter Bottles
- 1 x Fan like device (hair dryer is what I used to test it)
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Something to attach the fan if needed.
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- 3D Printing Knowledge & Capabilities
- Understand the needs & application for the most efficient customization
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Print adapter.
- It is recommended to print around 30 mm/s with a 20% infill
- Print using supports and it is recommended to print with one of the thread sides on the print bed.
- Break off supports.
- There is a probably a small support under the bottom threads, make sure to break that off.
- Attach fan by whatever means necessary.
- Fill a 2-Liter bottle with desired grain to winnow
- Attach 2-liter bottles
- Turn on fan and simply turn the unit so the grain falls down through the passage of air which should blow the dirt and debris off of your grain.
- Repeat process until grain is clean.
- 42g of PLA ($1.22 USD) + Recycled 2-Liters + Fan ($+-20 USD) $+-21.22 USD Total
- Compared to $1,350.00 USD This is the only winnower like device i could find in a easy google search.
- Cost savings = $1,338.78 USD, That's some hefty saving.
- This project is still can use some work but nothing like this exists. If it can be proven to work well, it could be a very cheap way to ease the process of food processing!
Benefited Internet Communities
Name and add links to at least 5 using single brackets around [url name]: