We develop knowledge to build rich, sustainable lives (read our vision and mission).
Climate change • Culture and community • Design • Energy • Environment • Environment rehabilitation • Food and agriculture • Fundamental human needs • Health and safety • International development • Knowledge • Transport • Water • Medical skills
Community Action for Sustainability News
- 1% of farms operate 70% of world's farmland.  Nov 24 ...Food news
- "We're two opposed tribes, globalists and localists? That's the most dangerous idea in the world." Simon Anholt on the Good Country Index  Nov 20 ...Citizens data initiative
- The futuristic cargo ship made of wood.  Nov 18 ...Costa Rica
- The rise of citizen science: can the public help solve our biggest problems?  Nov 16 ...Citizens data initiative
- How the president-elect plans to tackle climate change  Nov 10 ...Climate action USA
Monolithic domes are constructed following a method that requires a tough, inflatable Airform, steel-reinforced concrete and a polyurethane foam insulation. Each of these ingredients is used in a technologically specific way. This technology was developed by the Monolithic Dome Institute (MDI). The domes can be designed to fit any architectural need: homes, cabins, churches, schools, gymnasiums, arenas and stadiums, bulk storages, landlord dwellings and various other privately or publicly owned facilities.The dome, when finished, is earthquake, tornado and hurricane resistant (FEMA rates them as "near-absolute protection" from F5 tornadoes and Category 5 Hurricanes). Recently, a number of monolithic domes constructed using MDI techniques have survived major disasters.
Help us grow!
Appropedia is created by people like you! Feel free to contribute to Appropedia your original research, projects, current works, observations and wisdom. Improve articles by clicking "edit" on top of any page or section. Our philosophy is: BE BOLD and contribute!