About Me[edit | edit source]
- Max Vecchitto
- Hi, I am an Environmental Science major with an emphasis in energy and climate. This is my fourth year at Humboldt State, and I have enjoyed my time here. I play in three bands in town, and that takes up the majority of my time outside of school. The bands that I am in include Northtown Dub, Killbot Factory, and The Small Axe
After getting my BS, I am hoping to enter a MBA program in pursuit of becoming a sustainability officer. I would really like to travel for a long time after my graduating, perhaps WOOFing.
Favorite Appropedia Page(s)[edit | edit source]
- Floating drum biogas digestor - This biogas digestor converts human and animal feces into burnable methane gas. I think this type of cradle-to-cradle technology to maximize our energy options is a big step in sustainability.
- Algae fuel - Using algae as a fuel for biomass energy is an exciting new idea. There seems to be a lot of potential for algae fuel, because based on the page, "algae can produce more oil in an area the size of a two-car garage than an entire football field of soybeans."
Experience and Resources[edit | edit source]
I have the following experience, skills or resources to share with Engr370:
- Designing and constructing solar heated shower and housing for shower has given me skills in time management, experience in closed thermosyphon solar water systems, and experience in construction.
- Taken a thermodynamics course, givening me insight into engines and different forms of renewable energies.
- Taken Engineering 115, which gave me foundational skill sets to solve basic engineering problems.