Talk:Linear Flourescent Retrofit (Upgrading to T8 from T12)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I put your references into the automatic reference generator so that they link to the parts of the page
--S. Gennings 20:49, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- Cell L23 in the 'projected savings' tab should be 3120; assuming bulbs are changed near the end of year 8, they will have the opportunity to be active throughout year 9. (PS. nice use of 'if' statements - I didn't know excel could do that!)
--Graham Coote 22:02, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- In the Excel Spreadsheet, Cell B13 should be hyper linked to the assumption page, about the replacement of the light bulbs.
-- Jianlang Mai, 5:03 pm , 10th Feb 2010
- Good job incorporating the inflation of electricity costs and labor costs. One additional improvement that could be addressed is the potential change in cost of the light bulbs and ballasts (referencing the CPI if possible) just to parallel the change in labor and electricity. --S. Gennings 22:08, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- Overall this looks good. It appears the assumptions uses energy at 8.2 cents and the input page is based on 8.7 cents. Also, not sure how much taxes and shipping costs will be for the items considering $4 for lights is already a fairly low estimate based on your link. Finally, I didn't understand why only 25% of ballasts had to be replaced at 6 year mark, what about the other 75%? Also, businesses may be concerned to assume a 6 year life when the warranty states 5 years, unless you can find a source that indicates average life.
--Howard Swartz 02:21, 11 February 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't see any mention of incentives related to energy reduction. Check out the every kilowatt counts program
--Howard Swartz 10:40, 11 February 2010 (UTC)