Non-drive side crank
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Non-drive side crank
|Description||The project is a part of the 3D printable bike goal, offered by Dr. John Gershenson.|
|Keywords||, , ,|
|Replicated? Was this project made independently by someone other than the authors and without their guidance?|
|Countries of design|
|Estimated cost||USD $ 2.00|
|Sustainable Development Goals|
Non-Drive Side Crank[edit | edit source]
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
Abstract[edit | edit source]
- The project is a part of the bike, offered by Dr. John Gershenson.
- It is designed based on a real drive-side model since I only find drive-side model from the lab.
- I choose to design the non-drive side part since the strength of the gear can not be reached by using plastic material to print.
- All size are matched with the original one.
Bill of Materials[edit | edit source]
- 3D Printer
- Drive Side Crank Model
- Plastic filament
[edit | edit source]
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT[edit | edit source]
- Basic knowledge for 3D printing
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions[edit | edit source]
- Print from the base
- There is a curve that printed in the air, it's the most difficult part
- It can be printed but with low quality, needs to be corrected and polished
- Estimated printing time: 37min
- Estimated processing time: 15 min
Common Problems and Solutions[edit | edit source]
- It is made of plastic so it may not be as strong as metal.
- The edge of the crank is not perfectly smooth
Cost savings[edit | edit source]
- Estimated costs: less than $2 per crank (including the cost of the filament and electricity)
- Commercial equivalent: more than $10
- Save at least $8/80% of the cost
References[edit | edit source]
- Google picture for bike parts.
- Ebay website for pricing