|Founders||Sam Bloch & Jimmy Levi|
Haiti Communitere is primarily a resource center that is located close to the international airport in Port-au-Prince. They are anchored in community work and approach it by supporting organizations that are already engaged in positive change. They support them by offering services, such as a large and well-equipped workshop on site and a space to test ideas. Haiti communitere hosts a monthly community round table were community leaders come together to discuss their past and upcoming activities and how they can help each other to realize them. They have a computer lab which is at the disposal of communities and they hold trainings on topics like technology, construction, hygiene, business, and language. Haiti Communitere is also an exposition site for green and sustainable building methods and alternative sanitation systems. They run a social enterprise to keep themselves financially stable and independent. They offer housing (from tents and dorms to private rooms) to international groups and individuals in order to share overhead and provide opportunities for people to connect with each other and the communities where their projects are implemented.
Haiti Communitere is a part of the Communitere International network.
Project Pages[edit | edit source]
- Haiti Communitere earthship living space
- Haiti Communitere Ubuntu Blox house
- Haiti Communitere aquaponics
- Haiti Communitere biodigester toilet
- Haiti Communitere composting toilets
- Haiti Communitere the Elephant Foot
- Haiti Communitere ecoladrillo house
- Haiti Communitere pallet houses
- Haiti Communitere cob plaster
- Haiti Communitere shipping container structures
- Haiti Communitere straw bale house
- Haiti Communitere tire benches
- Haiti Communitere 3D printing
- Haiti Communitere computer lab
Location[edit | edit source]
An interactive map for Haiti Communitere.
<display_points type="hybrid" center="18.574165, -72.281779" zoom="20" width="500" height="500"> 18.469012, -69.927968|Haiti Communitere