A geographic information system (GIS), or geographical information system, is any system that captures, stores, analyzes, manages, and presents data that are linked to location.
Technically, a GIS is a system that includes mapping software and its application to cartography, remote sensing, land surveying, mathematics, photogrammetry, geography, and tools that can be implemented with GIS software. Still, many refer to "Geographic Information System" as "GIS" even though it doesn't cover all tools connected to topology.be
GIS tools can also be used to further the goals of sustainable development. Such applications are detailed in this category.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "GIS"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Potential from Retail Parking Lot Solar Photovoltaic Awnings
- Estimating the rooftop PV potential of a large-scale geographical region
- Evaluating the Geographic Viability of the Solar Water Disinfection (SODIS) Method by Decreasing Turbidity with NaCl: A Case Study of South Sudan
- Open Source Accessibility Toolkit
- Open Source GIS
- Open Source Transport Informatics tools
- OSSTIP/OpenTripPlanner Issues
- OSSTIP/Project blog
- OSSTIP/WP1- Initial data gathering and familiarisation
- OSSTIP/WP2- Transport Informatics tools review
- OSSTIP/WP3- Setup and design of Spatial Data Infrastructure to support project
- OSSTIP/WP4- Display of current Melbourne PT network in chosen tool
- OSSTIP/WP5- Workflow for conversion of GIS data into PT network schedule
- OSSTIP/WPBZE1- Phase 1 Display of new BZE Network in OSSTIP
- OSSTIP/WPBZE2- Evaluation of OSSTIP Tools Batch Trip Routing Capabilities for OD Datasets
- OSSTIP/WPBZE3- Creation and configuration of web server to communicate BZE network reform proposals using interactive tool
- OSSTIP/WPPTUA1- Developing a timetable for a higher-frequency and expanded SmartBus network
- OSSTIP/WPPTUA2- Developing a timetable for an extended, higher-speed, higher-frequency tram network
- OSSTIP/WPPTUA3- Developing a timetable for an extended, higher-frequency train network
- OSSTIP/WPPTUA4- Integrating all proposed network changes into a multimodal OpenTripPlanner instance and generating analysis reports
- OSSTIP: Open Source Sustainable Transport Informatics Platform