Jump to navigation Jump to search
Baseload renewable power[edit | edit source]
- Solar thermal electricity using molten salt which can store heat for many hours. Already on a semi-commercial basis in Spain
- Hydroelectricity. Unfortunately the dams have significant negative environmental impact, also affecting fish stocks.
Possibilities (still at the research stage) include:
- Wind power storing the energy as air pressure in underwater balloons. Still at the concept stage.
- More cost-effective batteries
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Wind energy - storing the power, abc.net.au, Science Show, 17 July 2010.