The Appropedia IRC (Internet Relay ChatW) channel is occasionally used.
All Appropedia's policies and guidelines apply, in particular:
- Be civil, cooperative and helpful - even if you strongly disagree with someone.
- All the obvious stuff - no spam etc.
- Freenode Java applet IRC portal - Appropedia channel on Freenode. Clinking this will launch if your browser knows what your IRC client is.
- Chatzilla extension for Firefox (cross-platform, works well)
- Wikipedia:Comparison of instant messaging clients
- [http://java.freenode.net/ enter channel appropedia and your username, or
- Mibbit - select server freenode then channel appropedia and your username
Making it happen
This could be a useful community resource, if a number of Appropedians are able to find IRC clients that they like and are happy to run full time, and that optionally alert the user to any activity on the channel.
Let's say 3 people to commit as a starting point - then there's a good chance of at least 2 being online at the same time, and of a random visitor finding one of us there. Sign up here, if you want to be a committed IRC member: