The Appropedia Foundation has been asked to describe Appropedia's role as knowledge brokers by answering the following questions.
1) the goals
2) organizations involved
The Appropedia Foundation is an independent organization. The directors and other individuals involved in the Appropedia community have many other organizational ties, including Humboldt State University, Engineers Without Borders UK, and OLPC.
3) the main activities
Activities of the Foundation and the Appropedia community:
- the wiki
- promotion of open content for development
- facilitating the transfering of information from other sources to the wiki (see Porting
- development and support of the Appropedia community of contributors and users
- engagement with other organizations and communities
- Microblogging Identica & Twitter
4) way of organizing the activities
(see Appropedia Foundation)
5) anything else you consider relevant