"Backpack" Snap-fit Clips
This type of clip is found on a variety of items, most commonly backpacks, and work well. However, I have found that if you break one, it is difficult to find a replacement, and are overpriced (typically $2-6 for 1 set!). Since it is made of plastic and only plastic, I wanted to make a parametric OpenSCAD design. There are many designs for there out already, however few provided source code and even fewer were scalable.
|Description||This type of clip is found on a variety of items, most commonly backpacks, and work well. Scalable design files for 3D printing are provided.|
|Keywords||, , ,|
|Replicated? Was this project made independently by someone other than the authors and without their guidance?|
|Estimated cost||USD $ 1.00|
|Sustainable Development Goals|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
Project developed by User:Rmputzig.
Bill of MaterialsEdit
- Filament of your preferred color
- Design files as found here
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSATEdit
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
- Exacto knife or similar product for removing support structures
Technical Specifications and Assembly InstructionsEdit
- Print out the part. Be sure to generate supports for the print. Be prepared to spend time removing the the support structures.
- Print time: ~40 mins.
- 3D printed part: ~50 cents (depending on size)
- Commercial part: $2-$6
- Minimum cost savings of 75%