Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Working in public
This was worth a try, but time to declare the experiment over. No one else used it, and it's time to try something else. See conversation at User talk:Lonny#Forum.
I believe we need to try plain old, simple, user-friendly forum software, as we've been discussing internally (options at Appropedia:Forum), plus our Bettermeans workstream for task management, and possibly have a Contributors' homepage as more of a jumping off point for "how to contribute and where to discuss". --Chriswaterguy 21:51, 7 April 2011 (PDT)
- There has been a dramatic improvement in the guinea worm situation in Sudan. Since the end of the war there has been "a revamped government-led project distributing vital barriers against the disease. These include more than one million pipe filters and nearly half a million cloth filters."Fighting the 'fiery serpent' in Sudan, abc.net.au, Jun 6, 2008 --Chriswaterguy 16:43, 9 June 2008 (PDT)
- We want a channel somewhere for people to add tidbits of content they don't have time to explore in a full article. ideally with an RSS feed, that people could watch, and that could be sent via twitterfeed to a community account. The Appropedia forum could be best for that once it's going. I'll do it here for now, starting with a good news story from Sudan. --Chriswaterguy 16:43, 9 June 2008 (PDT)
- I see that AboutUs doesn't use this "WikiBox" on their user talk page, and I think that's wise - otherwise people may go to their task page, read the box, and not notice the personal messages below it. Best for community pages, and optionally for user pages. --Chriswaterguy · talk 18:53, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
- Hi Chris, glad you find this idea interesting. I came up with it with a few people 4 months ago and am pretty excited by it. If you haven't seen http://aboutus.org/WikiBox - check out some of the thought. Would love to talk more about how I see it being used. Best, MarkDilley
- One of the ideas we've had for this at AboutUs.org is that there would be many WikiBoxes for different communities on the site, and that people could transclude them on their personal pages, whichever ones they wanted, so each person would have their own personal dashboard, and not have to remember to go check different places. Kind of like an RSS reader for blogs, except more wiki. :-) -- TedErnst 06:18, 13 March 2008 (PDT)
- Newer threads start on top. (This could get confusing - a good reason to try a now talk page format, perhaps.) --Chriswaterguy · talk 19:47, 12 March 2008 (PDT)
Community discussion template
- It's working... do we want to use it on Appropedia, on our talk pages and relevant community pages? --Chriswaterguy · talk 19:20, 12 March 2008 (PDT)
- I should add: I think it could use a lot of adapting for Appropedia, but I wanted to get feedback on the concept.
- Probably the page transcluded here should be the Village pump. --Chriswaterguy · talk 19:47, 12 March 2008 (PDT)