Working Group on Development Techniques
Working Group on Development TechniquesEdit
The Working group on Development Techniques (WOT) is a knowledge centre for small-scale applications of water supply and sustainable energy for developing countries. The WOT is a non-profit organisation and is run by volunteers. The WOT is located at the Technical University of Twente in the city of Enschede in the Netherlands. By doing research and transferring knowledge the WOT aims to contribute to an increased standard of live in developing countries.
The activities of the WOT are the responsibility of three groups: the advisory group, the field group and the awareness raising group. These groups perform activities like offering (technical) advice for development countries, small maintenance to the demonstration objects on the WOT-field and publicing the WOT-news letter. Other activities are structured in projects. Besides these activities, other supporting activities like finances, board and computer maintenance. The articles of the WOT mention several activities that are divided amoungst the following groups:
- Offering technical advice to developing countries and their representatives.
- Maintaining a library on the field of appropriate technology, sustainable energy and development issues in general.
- Maintaining the WOT test and demonstration field for the purpose of developing and testing appropriate technology.
- Publicing documentation on the field of appropriate technology, sustainable energy and development issues in general.
- Organising courses
- Organising activities to inform members and other people about developing issues
For more information about the available publications by download and the free-of-charge advisory service, please visit http://www.wot.utwente.nl/knowledgecenter.html
Working group on Development Techniques University of Twente PO Box 217 7500 AE Enschede The Netherlands
Phone: +31-53-4892845 (+31-53-4893191)
The WOT has a test field where research can be done. At request tours are possible. The WOT also has a small library and documentation centre. We are located in Enschede.
WOT field Campus University of Twente Building 31 (Achterhorst) Enschede The Netherlands