Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Stephanie Becerra
- I am a Environmental Science Major with the option in Energy and Climate at Humboldt State University. I will receive my Bachelor of Science degree in the Spring of 2015. I hope to pursue a career in sustainable building and ultimately gain the knowledge and skills required to build my own sustainable home. I strive to increase the momentum of sustainable building so that we can preserve the health of our planet. I would like to work with organizations involved with environmental engineering and sustainable growth.
Interests in Appropriate Technology
- I would like to understand and apply the appropriate technology we have now in the world to be better equipped in the transition to renewable energy and sustainable building.
- I believe that the environment is in great danger because of some of the technology we have and I would like to expose its faults.
- I want to compare and contrast technologies and help the world understand how the energy we use for modern technology can be understood and use can be optimized in a sustainable manner.
Experience in Appropriate Technology
- My experience in appropriate technology is limited, I know only what I have learned through school. One example is a Net Zero project I worked on to help the organization CCAT reach net zero in the near future by changing behaviors and replacing old inefficient technology with new technology that is either more efficient and/or runs off renewable energy. There were low end solutions and high end solutions drawn up for implementing net zero at CCAT.
- The skills I have related to appropriate technology includes knowledge in the processes involved and application of those processes.
- The resources I have readily available to me are my university, my own knowledge and accessible information via text or web.