We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Nitinkumar Shah is pursuing Master's degree in Electrical Engineering from Michigan Technological University. He pursued his Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from G.H.Patel College of Engineering & Technology (Gujarat Technological University) in 2013. After his under graduation, he joined and served power industry for 3 years as a Substation Design Engineer in TBEA Energy (India) PVT LTD – a Chinese multinational company which manufactures EHV equipment & also involved in EPC projects up to 765kV on Turnkey basis. His primary aim for Master's degree is to explore the field of power and renewable energy by taking active interests in research activities. For more details, visit his Linked In profile LinkedIn:
- Modelling and Sensitivity analysis of EHV Underground Cable for various bonding schemes in ATP- Modeled EHV underground cable in ATP. Analyzed effect of various bonding schemes of metallic sheath on induced sheath voltages and current under normal and short circuit condition. Analyzed effect of spacing between phase conductors on sheath voltages and current.
- Optimal Transmission Switching of Transmission Line to optimize the total cost using GAMS software - Objective was to observe change in system dispatch by changing network topology of transmission lines of existing network. Analyzed IEEE 5 Bus & 14 Bus system as a part of DCOPF problem and compared the cost of supplying load at various Bus by doing Transmission Line Switching. Healthiness of the system was also maintained. Algorithm was developed in GAMS software.
Under Graduate level
- Analysis of Distance Protection - Understood distance protection philosophy of radial feeder & difficulties involved in its application to decide the fault location during fault. Modeled simple power system scheme in PSCAD (Power System Computer Aided Design- For System Study) and analyzed effect of various types of faults and its effect on Voltage and current. Also nalysed various factors affecting measurement of fault impedance during fault calculation.
- Substation Earthing Design - Designed a earthing system which can work satisfactorily in normal condition as well as in faulty condition without exceeding the permissible limit of Touch & Step Potential. Analyzed effect of various factors affecting Touch & Step Potential.
- Solar Photovoltaic Technology
- Physics & Technology of renewable energy sources
- Power System Protection/Lab
- Advance Power System analysis
- Power System Operations
- Energy Storage Systems
Area of Interest
- Integration of renewable sources with Grid and its protection
- Power System Protection
- Power System analysis and operations
- Substation Design , operation & maintenance
- Underground EHV Cable engineering and commissioning