Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
- Kelsey Burrell
- I'm an undergraduate student in the Environmental Resources Engineering department at Humboldt State University, and a long-time resident of the North Coast of California. I'm excited about exploring water resources while in school, and hope to one day devote my career to work with watersheds and water quality in general.
Since transferring to HSU, I've become an active member of the Society of Women Engineers. Recently, we organized Engineering Fest at Eureka High School, where we invited middle- and high-school kids to get involved in STEM through a free afternoon of fun, engineering-related activities.
Interests in Engineering
- Water quality
- Watershed restoration and management
- Solid waste management
- Wastewater treatment
- Environmental justice
- And more!
Experience in Engineering
- Intern, Achilli Research and Teaching Lab, Humboldt State University. January 2017-present.
These are some examples of work I did during my first year in ERE:
- A memo I wrote discussing nutrients in Arcata wastewater
- A spreadsheet I created for a water balance of Fern Lake
- A Gantt chart I created with my project group, Three Peas in a Pod: Compost Squad!
- A 3D house I drew with autoCAD
- A document I collaborated on with my group in our Introduction to Design class