We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Track changes: Culture and development
Registered on Appropedia on 26 June 2006.
|My edits to Appropedia are as a member of the community, and occasionally as an admin. |
They are generally not legal or official actions as a director of the Appropedia Foundation.
On the web:
- Anti-Procrastination Coaching.
- Chris Waterguy blog
- Twitter: @chriswaterguy.
- Facebook business page: Chris Waterguy Anti-Procrastination Coaching
- Facebook personal page: here - my posts are usually public, so you can follow me if you like.
I'm an engineer by training, and I'm passionate about
- Understanding how our brains work and how to change behavior.
- Making the most effective changes to resolve our environmental crises, and
- Sharing knowledge to make a better world.
I'm based in Melbourne, Australia (as of 2012) and am keen to work with others locally to help build up Appropedia, including documenting local solutions. Check A:Melbourne Appropedia Working Group... it's not currently active (2019) as I focus on my business, but if you're inspired I'd love to meet you and see what we can do. Leave me a message if this interests you.
Contact me via my talk page.
Yes I'm an addict. No, it's not a problem. I'm going to take a break, just as soon as I finish editing this...
Maybe I need a 12 step programW...
Custom search engines
Feel free to look at or use anything from my subpages.
What I do here
- A:Service learning and related pages.
- Brochures, firstly for service learning (with the skills of people who understand these graphic design and such).
- Recruiting for our A:Internships and A:Volunteer positions.
- A:Funding (hoping to have a crowdfunding campaign started for September)
- Partnership with EWB-Australia, esp putting EWB Challenge finalist entries onto Appropedia.
- Communications - getting more interaction happening between us in the Appropedia community, through A:IRC meetings or Google Hangouts, and by moderating the discussion lists.
- Community interviews for the Appropedia blog. Planning to start in September 2012.
- Blog posts about announcements, our vision, and why all this matters.
- Appropedia social media
DID - in the past, and can help as needed:
- Our spam filters & spam link blacklist.
- Pywikipediabot for performing "gnome" tasks (I run ChriswaterguyBot)
- Moving category pages to mainspace when needed (conserving history by using the export and import functions)
- Work on the meta pages about Appropedia.
- Promoting Appropedia (want to find interns and volunteers to work with on this, instead)
- Welcoming new people. (You're still welcome - I just don't patrol new users!)
WANT - but don't have time to do myself:
- Porting - esp finding help in converting appropriate PDF documents and web pages to MediaWiki markup. This can be a great intern job (esp if the intern has access to Adobe Reader Professional).
For those of you who don't know much about Australia: