Non-drive side crank
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
|Non-drive side crank|
|Description||The project is a part of the 3D printable bike goal, offered by Dr. John Gershenson.|
|Intended use||transportation, development|
|Keywords||3D printing, bicycle, bike crank, tool|
|Project was made?||Yes|
|Project was made independently?||Yes|
|Countries of design||United States|
|Estimated cost||USD $ 2.00|
|SDG||Sustainable Development Goal 9|
Non-Drive Side Crank
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been designed but not yet tested — use at your own risk.|
|This Open Source Appropriate Technology has been prototyped.|
- The project is a part of the bike, offered by Dr. John Gershenson.
- It is designed based on a real drive-side model since I only find drive-side model from the lab.
- I choose to design the non-drive side part since the strength of the gear can not be reached by using plastic material to print.
- All size are matched with the original one.
Bill of Materials
- 3D Printer
- Drive Side Crank Model
- Plastic filament
Tools needed for fabrication of the OSAT
- MOST Delta RepRap or similar RepRap 3-D printer
Skills and Knowledge Necessary to Make the OSAT
- Basic knowledge for 3D printing
Technical Specifications and Assembly Instructions
- Print from the base
- There is a curve that printed in the air, it's the most difficult part
- It can be printed but with low quality, needs to be corrected and polished
- Estimated printing time: 37min
- Estimated processing time: 15 min
Common Problems and Solutions
- It is made of plastic so it may not be as strong as metal.
- The edge of the crank is not perfectly smooth
- Estimated costs: less than $2 per crank (including the cost of the filament and electricity)
- Commercial equivalent: more than $10
- Save at least $8/80% of the cost
- Google picture for bike parts.
- Ebay website for pricing