We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
How to Make Positive Change
I am not sure where this came from, but I think it is a useful list for thinking about how to plan large scale positive changes towards sustainability.
To make change you need the following:
- Discipline yourself in selection of Issues for action -- Limit your attention to issues you can influence
- Discipline yourself in pursuit of issues over an extended time
- Development of detailed analysis of the problem and preferred solution(s) -- Who are the stake holders? Why is the system operating as it currently does?
- Develop a long term strategy
- Develop multi-faceted strategy -- What if plan A fails? B? and so on...
- Develop coalitions, collaborations, and partnerships with like-minded groups, organizations and individuals
- Develop mutual communication, understanding and cooperation with like-minded movements in other countries.