We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
What about this one? Should this be DELETED too?
The global village was Marshall McLuhan's term for what happens when everyone is connected to everyone else: you all become "locals".
In the context of this wiki, it means a return to a local ethos in an inter-connected world: a DIY version of community independence.
- Food Sovereignty: growing your own food, saving enough for the land
- Water Stewardship: having liquid essentials and keeping them available for animals
- Education: teaching and learning together
- Health and Healing: how to be healthy without artifice
- Right Livelihood : living without trampling on others or creating more karma
- Shelter: simpler, eco-friendly housing options
- Transportation: getting around without destroying community and planet
- Energy: using and converting available energy into sustainable, off-the-grid work
- Communications Freedom: being able to reach the masses and stay interconnected
- ...and when you're really ready to show your know-how, your own village Economy and currency.
Credit to the nodilus project for the major part of this list.