Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Add more subcategories
Its fairly confusing when most topics are in the top category but some are in the subcategory. To improve navigation/clearness I propose adding more categories and redistributing the articles as the top level. Something like.....
- Organic Farming
- Organic Pest and disease control
- Double digging
- Seeds etc
- Herbal plants
- All the herbs listed in category level
- Specific crops (
- Maize etc
- Production/Small scale production
- Bees & wax
There's still stuff which doesn't fit in anywhere - sawdust toilet, biogas, fermentation, general farming guides - so perhaps this can be expanded a bit more
Cgfoz 15:33, 31 January 2007 (PST)
- You're right - it's currently a mess. This is because few changes have been made to these articles since the merger with WikiGreen. I agree that most or all of the top level articles should be moved to subcats. Perhaps some (such as biogas ones) shouldn't be in agriculture at all.
- As there's so much categorization to do, I've been hoping that we could get some kind of bot to help (e.g. search for a certain phrase, and prompt to add to the relevant category). Doing it manually will take a lot of time that would be better spent on other things, like creating content. Perhaps our technically minded admins (Curt, Lonny, Gabe) can let us know if there's any progress on the bots? --Singkong2005 · talk 22:59, 31 January 2007 (PST)