We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
Category:Engr215 Introduction to Design
Engr215 Introduction to Design, is a 3-credit semester course aimed at introducing the engineering design process, including critical analysis of problems, teamwork and technical communication. The course meets weekly for 2 hours of lecture and 3 hours of lab. However, these “lecture” periods and “lab” periods are used for multiple learning formats as this course integrates lecture, discussion, student projects, computer labs and outdoor field activities. The format requires active learning. See the Engr215 Introduction to Design syllabus and E215 Introduction to Design projects for more.
- Students will learn about and experience the engineering design process.
- Students will further develop the many computing skills needed by practicing engineers and scientists. These skills include:
- word processing
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- Internet skills, including email, web searches and web pages
- Students will further develop the many communication skills needed by practicing engineers and scientists. These skills include:
- written communication
- verbal and visual presentation skills
Effecting the objectives
To effect the objectives Engr215 focuses on a real project for a real client. Each team interacts with a client for project definition, criteria analysis and final solution stages to create a custom design, substantial design document and model for potential use. This process is difficult, but prepares students well for future projects.
Below are some recent examples of projects.
See E215 Introduction to Design projects for a photo gallery view of past projects.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Engr215 Introduction to Design"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 859 total.(previous page) (next page)
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2005 Fall
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2008 Fall
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2009 Fall
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2009 Spring
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2010 Fall
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2010 Spring RCEA
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2010 Spring World Shelters
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2011 Fall
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2011 Spring
- E215 Introduction to Design projects/Gallery 2012 Spring
- Ella Moore
- Engr215 Eco Hostel
- Engr215 Friends of the Dunes
- Engr215 Introduction to Design syllabus
- Engr215 Lunchbox Envy
- Engr215 World Shelters
- Engr215/Post userpage assignment
- User talk:Esilva909
- User:Ethan Appro
- User:F pretorius
- FBP Hot Dang Plastic Encasement
- FBP LC Sheller
- FBP Multiplicity
- FBP Nutsy
- FBP Pressed Plastic
- FBP SimpleSimon
- FBP The Full Bell
- User:Fiona Roper
- Flock House Biopod
- Flock House EcoDermis
- Flock House Geared-Up From the Feet-Up
- Flock House Handcar Generator
- Flock House Hyper Visible Power Meter
- Flock House Poly Pod
- Flock House Skin for the Win
- FOTD Acoustic Dampening
- FOTD Beachgrass Baler
- FOTD Carbon Footprint Wheel
- FOTD Little Blue Dune Buggy
- FOTD living green roof
- FOTD living green, warm and bright display
- FOTD Pump Powered Dune Movement Simulator
- FOTD rapid compost
- FOTD stretchbarrow
- FOTD the sandy cove
- Herman Jia Zheng
- How to build Geared-Up From the Feet-Up
- Hyper visible power meter instructions
- User:Jacob Burns
- User:Jacob Rivera
- User:Jacoby's Reusable Water Bottle
- Jedi Credential Sound
- User:Jeff mosbacher
- User:Jeffrey novoa
- User:Jenny Kunna
- User talk:Jlara75
- User:Joshua Hostler
- User:Joshua Rodriguez
Media in category "Engr215 Introduction to Design"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.