Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Difference between revisions of "CASwiki topics"
m (→Wanted pages)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
== Wanted pages ==
== Wanted pages ==
== Stubs ==
== Stubs ==
Revision as of 11:57, 11 January 2019
Our current list of topic articles is in the far right hand column. An example of a fairly extensively developed CASwiki topic article is Food activism, but of course topic articles can be started off with just a few items of relevant information.
The information in the pages featured here is about topics from an international, global or generic perspective. The vast majority of the information about topics in CASwiki is location specific.
You can view or share location specific information about topics of community action for sustainability via any of CASwiki's location pages
Guidelines for topic articles or content
The main focus here is on what community groups can do, topics geared toward action - community action, and not for example inward looking concerns of local government or action only for specialists.
Community action for sustainability topic articles can include the following elements:
- Action ideas - what community groups can do
- Brief introductory summaries of action ideas
- Why the topic matters
- Introductions to major aspects, issues or concerns
- Introductions to broad solutions (if you want to add in something more extensive this can be in a separate linked (forked) article)
- Resources (specific to the topic), including links to more extensive information, video, maps, infographics, apps for sustainability, social media links, research, funding information, etc.
- Events, but please bear in mind that these should be only those that are likely to be of interest to community groups or active citizens interested in community action for sustainability. Ordinarily they should only be free or low cost events.
- News and comment, or timeline information. Brief or headline type summaries with links to sources.
There are many overlaps so some action ideas can appear in more than one article.
Ordinary people and community groups are often better able to see the whole picture, especially at local level, than bureaucrats and politicians, ("the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" is a not unfamilar refrain).
The topics are various aspects of quality of life or well-being - environmental, social and economic. One of the advantages of bringing all the topics together in one place is that linkages between them can be brought out. Sustainability encourages us to see the bigger picture and how many quality of life concerns and challenges are in fact integrated. "Joined-up problems need joined-up solutions"
- New articles, fork content from existing pages
- New articles
- New articles (UK), fork content from existing pages
Edits to help us develop this article particularly welcome, especially from a majority world perspective
Genesis of the topic list
Most of the topics reflect issues of concern and importance common to community groups that were involved in drawing up Local Agenda 21 action plans across the UK, (mostly this happened during the late 1990's). Sharing has been added to the list reflecting the growing interest in this topic amongst currently active sustainability groups, initiatives and projects.
"For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create." Albert Einstein
- CASwiki topics (category)
- About community action for sustainability
- Join community action for sustainability
- Why grow community action for sustainability?
- Sustainable Development Goals
- CASwiki places
- CASwiki resources
- CASwiki news