Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Backpack Delta: Building the Lower Platform
Revision as of 15:55, 15 November 2013 by Nick Anzalone (Created page with "Constructing the Lower Platform Before You Begin: * Make sure you have the everything to build the lower platform: ** Hardware: *** 3 – ...")
Constructing the Lower Platform
Before You Begin:
- Make sure you have the everything to build the lower platform:
- 3 – M3x35mm socket head screws
- 12 – M3 x 10mm socket head screws
- 3 – M3 ny-lock nuts
- 18 – M3 Flat Washers
- 3 – Nema 17 Motors
- Printed Parts:
- 3 – Motor Ends
- 3 – Platform Spacers
- Required Tools:
- 2.5mm Alan Wrench
- 5.5mm Combination wrench
- Recommended Tools:
- 3mm or 1/8” Drill bit
Building the lower platform:
- Take 1 M3 x 35mm and put 1 washer on it. Insert it into one of the two holes opposite the motor mount.
- Place the platform spacer on the screw with the flat part down.
- Place another motor end on the screw, followed by 1 washer and 1 ny-lock nut. Do not tighten the nut all the way, keep the nut loose, in order to attach the other two platform spacers. Repeat steps 1-3 for the rest of the motor mounts and spacers. One complete, tighten all the screws and nuts.
- Now it is time to mount the motors. Start by taking 1 Nema 17 and inserting it into the slot on the motor mounts.
- Take 4 M3 x 10 and 4 Washers and screw them into the motor. Tighten the screws. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the rest of the motor ends. Be sure to keep all the wires facing toward one side .The motor end is now done