The following list is transcluded on the Desired features page and some other pages, to draw attention to these requests.
Search for the word high on the Desired features page to see other items marked as possibly "high priority".
We're in the process of changing project management platforms - please bear with us!
Existing priority tasks are tracked with our Open Pario project. New tasks are placed at the Appropedia Tech workstream on BetterMeans - see the Dashboard for a listing of tasks, and check the sub-workstreams.
Links to specific tasks are found below. Feel free to edit here or jump on over to the task management system. If you can help with any item, please add your name, a contact method and/or comments next to the one you can work on below, on the talk page, or in Open Pario or BetterMeans (as appropriate). (See Using Open Pario for basic help with this tool. BetterMeans should be a little clearer.)
- Tasks #1098 (Proposed): New Skin
- See Appropedia:Skin
- Tasks #1096 (Proposed): Parser and semantic functions
- Tasks #1101 (Proposed): Translation link
- Tasks #1102 (Proposed): Social & Forum Features
- Tasks #1103 (Proposed): Semantic MediaWiki
- Tasks #1104 (Proposed): Email Page to Friend
- Tasks #1105 (Proposed): Mapping Geotagging
- Tasks #1106 (Proposed): Page Review Process
- Tasks #1107 (Proposed): Partner Site Visitor Banner
- Tasks #1108 (Proposed): Mobile Site
- Tasks #1109 (Proposed): Search Improvements
- Appropedia:Site development/dev site status
Quick and useful (not worth an OpenPario task):
- mw:Manual:$wgNamespacesWithSubpages - set true globally, or at the very least for "Appropedia:" namespace.
- mw:Manual:wgForeignAPIRepo - allows us to specify another wiki to pull images from.
- Search for the words extension and manual on the Desired features page to see other items
- FlaggedRevisions or whatever Wikipedia went with... so we can let people suggest edits for all pages, even the front page.
- FCKeditor has a few problems - can help us to identify the areas of problem code, or even solve any of them?
- Forum add-on? (From above, "Social & forum features") Extensions exist but how well do they work? See Appropedia Forum workstream on BetterMeans
newsletter with MailPress (I tried but couldn't get mail servers set up. --Chriswaterguy 21:25, 24 February 2010 (UTC))getting close now. --Chriswaterguy 06:19, 26 March 2010 (UTC) Fix RecentChanges cache (?) so it's possible to view more than 7 days.Solution: $wgRCMaxAge = 13 * 7 * 24 * 3600; // 13 weeks a simple code change which seems to produce something more like the intended results, at Appropedia:Site development/RC fix. mw:Extension:MultiUpload - speed file upload.Solved in concept - need to install. RSS feed - still getting blank line error in spite of extensive work to try and fix it (all the obvious fixes and a few obsure ones.) - Woozle gave a suggestion, which we'll follow up. --Chriswaterguy 04:04, 25 February 2010 (UTC)Inspired by Woozle's suggestion to look from a different angle, fixed by Jason Smithson.
Only add or remove items here by consensus or after discussion with an admin. There are many priorities - these are a select few. Only add or remove items here by consensus or after discussion with an admin.
Please add other priorities to Appropedia:Site development/Desired features in the appropriate section, using the standard template there.
Old priority items (resolved or no longer a priority):