Get our free book (in Spanish or English) on rainwater now - To Catch the Rain.
Appropedia provides services that help governments, governments, specific government agencies and all with an interest in government, to perform their work more effectively.
Appropedia as a community is non-political and non-partisan but we welcome all in working together on solutions to the challenge our world faces.
Some specific ways Appropedia can be valuable to governments:
- Development of policies. See the introduction at Green development policy wiki and guidelines at Appropedia:Development of policies and manuals.
- Promote knowledge sharing in and by governments: Governments and knowledge sharing. Some of Appropedia's administrators have been active in promoting the use of open Creative Commons licenses, and will increasingly promote these for use by governments.
- New and effective methodologies in education - see Appropedia:Service learning
- A growing resource on policy information - now in its early stages at Category:Policies
- The Appropedia Foundation is a non-profit organization (tax-exempt in the USA) and is non-political in the sense of being non-partisan and not supporting specific parties or candidates in an election. See Appropedia:Political campaign prohibition.
- The open Creative Commons options are CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, and CC Zero. We strongly advise not using a license with a non-commercial clause or no derivatives clause as these prevent valid and important uses.