|NOTE: This tag is deprecated - please use an interwiki link section instead. Discuss.|
|Information on Adobe can be found at Wikipedia. What's this?|
Adobe is a type of earthen construction composed, like cobb, of sand, clay and fiber (usually straw), often . The adobe mixture is shaped into bricks using adoberas (wooden frames) and then dried in the sun. Adobe structures are extremely durable, with many very old structures still in use[verification needed]. They also regulate temperature, especially in climates with high diurnal temperature swings, due to their high thermal mass.
- kleiwerks - Awesome natural-building teaching organization.
- networkearth - This site is loaded with the history, politics and techniques of many types of natural building.
- ABCs of making Adobe Bricks - Brief and could use some revision, but a good model of concise presentation.
- Earthquake resistant construction of Adobe Buildings: A Tutorial funded by the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and hosted by the amazing world-housing database.
- Pequals.com Adobe Box Two girls, two adoberas (adobe forms), one big, adobe box. Renée and Kendra construct an adobe box in an attempt to hold water as an alternative to the plastic linings for ponds and gray water marshes.