We continue to develop resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. See COVID-19 initiatives on Appropedia for more information.
777 Big Money Project
The RepRap motto is "wealth without money" - for this assignment you are to create wealth by making an open source design that has value to you. It must be 3D printable on your MOST Delta and cost less than a commercial equivalent (if such a thing exists).
- Design something of "high value" that you can 3D print on your MOST Delta
- Make sure someone else has not already done it - search http://www.yeggi.com/
- Design 3D printable components with ONLY OS CAD packages (e.g. OpenSCAD, FreeCAD, or Blender)
- Create an account at http://www.libre3d.com/
- Upload your design under an OS license to Libre3D - include: Source files, STLs, a picture, and a brief description including costs and $ savings
- Add picture, link to your libre3D page with name, commercial equivalent link+cost, and economic savings to table below (see example).
- Print component and bring to class - Complete and due by 12/11
- 30% Print quality
- 20% Documentation
- 50% Design (design for printing, aesthetics and function)
Automatic reductions: -50% no source or the use of non-OS software -10% per day for late
Table of Value
|Digital Photo||Free Design/Link to Libre3D||Commercial equivalent/Cost||Approximate Savings in US$|
|Adjustable laptop stand||, $80||$50|
|[][]||[]-Always unavailable but is $10.95||$9.98|
|Arduino Home Device Wall Mount||[], Closest commercial equivalent is an enclosure - $4.50||$2.91|